summary: Emily, a kid whose father had died finds an alternate version of Earth called Alledia. In this world, she owns an amulet necklace with an influential stone that gives her new powers, known as the chosen one from his great-grandfather, Silas Charnon who died after seeing her. His heir is hers. Her mother is poisoned, and needs to help her while controlling the powerful stone’s influence she wears. With her brother Navin, she needs to save he mother and control the stone, or die trying.
- A new enemy, the Elves, have appeared
- Leon Redbeard is a new recruit they get, and is influential in helping Emily control the necklace.
- Navin finds out that he is the commander of the Resistance, a group of fighters that want to stop the elves from taking over Alledia.
- Charnon’s makings, Miskit (rabbit robot), Cogsley (a very serious robot), and Morrie (a very sensitive robot) help Emily and Navin with their most unusual vehicle, a house moving to be a shape of a robot. (It will be a weapon later on in the book)
- Prince Trellis, the elf prince has one more chance to kill Emily given by the elf king, or he will die.
stone: the stone on the amulet necklace that gives the keeper the strength to do things humans cannot do.
stonekeeper: someone who owns a stone(see book lingo line 1).
gadoba tree: a tree that talks and is very wise
Spoilers right now. If you just care about finding the end, or have read this book, then click to read more.
Emily, Miskit, and Leon find a gadoba tree that tells them that a gadoba tree can heal Emily’s mother. They find the one, and move along ahead, only to face the elf Luger, a stonekeeper like Emily. When it seems all is lost for Emily, Trellis turns up and stops Luger from killing her. Luger then gives in to the stone and lets the stone take control of him, which sends Emily, Miskit and Leon flying. However, the moving house and Navin show up to catch them. Emily then uses her stone to power up the house to help Navin fight the monster Luger. He wins with Emily’s help, and Emily fall unconscious. When she wakes up, she finds that her mother is safe. Meanwhile, Trellis is in the forest looking for someone.